BCS CST Part 1 - evidence of recent professional development
Types of evidence
You need to show evidence of at least 20 hours of eligible CPD. The following pointers should help you to decide which of the CPD you have undertaken is eligible:
1. It should have been undertaken within two years of the time of submission for the certificate
2. It should be one of these types of CPD:
- Training courses, for example with a master teacher or at your local university
- CAS Hub meetings with a taught focus
- CAS conferences at which you attended specific workshops
- MOOC or self-study (not more than half the total and must be clearly evidenced).
Delivering CPD or attending CPD are both acceptable. For other types of CPD check with the Certificate team that this is OK.
How to submit your evidence
Your CPD is completed in the form of a professional development log. You can add to this at any time. When it is complete, you can submit it to your e-assessor. Before submitting, you must make sure that you have included:
- Your reflections on how each aspect in your log was useful
- Your reflection on your on-going learning needs
- The total number of hours CPD you have undertaken
- Any certificates or record of attendance from the courses you have attended (evidence of what you did if you are claiming self-study or a MOOC).
What does the professional development log look like?
The following table gives you an indication of what will be needed to complete the log.